Pages

Dec 30, 2014

The Oats Story

I have never been a fan of oats. Just look at it made me want to puke. So sorry, but it was really the truth. Until one day, I realized my office attire was getting too tight. I had a hard time trying to zip my skirt, yes it was that bad. I know that was the time I should check my intake.

I usually eat some bread with a cup of coffee in the morning, a full plate of meal for lunch and a half plate meal for dinner. And oh ya no exercise at all (is walking from parking lot to the office building consider a workout?).

So, I began to research on the web (yep, I do research first! *nerd*) for what kind of meal that make me full (when I am hungry, my brain's stop working :P) but at the same time not make me too 'heavy' (literally heavy = FAT).

Later I saw on Fit n Fab Diet Nutrition forum from Female Daily (a life saver, really!), there are many thread including: Diet Mayo (big no no!), Food Combining (please, I am working 6 days, 8 to 5 so there can't be done), and Oatmeal Diet.

I scrolled down every comment on Oatmeal Diet, and I said to myself: "Hey, this is so doable! I think I'll give a try!". So there it goes.

I bought instant Haverjoy Australian Oats (smell better compared to Quaker one). I just need 2 spoon of the oats, a half teaspoon of white sugar or brown sugar, and some raisins (or banana). Believe me, it tastes so much better! I can live now! I now have my oats for every breakfast, cut my full meal lunch for a half, and no carbs dinner. I even sometimes make a savory oat recipe (there are so much recipe, go try to find your 'one') : 1 to 2 spoon of oats, a pinch of salt, and omelette. It tastes like a porridge, don't worry, it's delicious (at least for me, an eggs lover).

My body now feels a little lighter, plus making oats is so easy and cheap X)


 
Anyway, I now do yoga regularly (twice every week, for 20-30 minutes) at home. Thanks to Tara Stiles and Sarah Beth videos on youtube. I secretly hope that by the end of 2015 I can do split! X)




No comments:

Post a Comment