Pages

May 4, 2016

Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask : Facial mask that REALLY works on me

So I've been told that only cleanse and moisture your face not enough. You need to tone, scrub, exfoliate and more over mask them. I once was a user of Erha Clinic, and the aesthetics doctor said I don't need toner because my skin is sensitive. So I have never used toner ever since, which I found convenient, because I want simple steps in my rush morning skincare haha!

Scrub and exfoliate are not really my thing, because some product that I have been tried just disappoint me. They broke me out, I guess I am not lucky to find the one.

Then, I know my safest option, is only to mask my face. So I googled here and there. And found Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask. I bought in mini size, 50ml for idr 150,000, so there was quite a steal, right, for Korean high end brand.

The instruction is different from other mask I know. It tells to cleanse your face, put some moisturiser, or even a serum, then apply the mask, wait for 20 minutes, peel them off, and you are good (no need to wash your face! Thank you for the simplicity Sulwhasoo!). I found it odd, but I gotta do what the instruction said, right.

And then, I know this is the one! This is the mask that REALLY works on me. Why? That would be because of the instant result I got. One day I had this big itchy pimple right on my forehead and I applied the mask, waited 20 minutes, peeled it off, then off to bed. The next morning, I found the mask dried up the pimple and made it less red without looking over exfoliate (If you know what I mean, it doesn't look like you put strong acne gel that will leave your skin bad dry patches). This mask is so mild on my skin, yet so effective. How can a product be like this? W O W.

Another day, I had a really bad dry skin, like dry patches all over my eyebrow area and my cheeks. You know I really love trying new product, this time is Dr. Bronner magic soap, which is definitely not doing some magic on me, but leaving my skin so dry. And then I applied my own magic mask. The next morning I woke up with better skin, dry patches around my eyebrows and cheeks were gone. My Sulwhasoo Clarifying Mask was truly the rescue. I use it once every week or two weeks. Or whenever I feel my skin acts up.

This is what I call magic:



2 comments:

  1. I cannot live without this mask! I've been using it for 2 years now, and it's a staple in my skincare routine. It's a peel-off mask, but very gentle on the skin. It's the only peel-off mask I have ever used as my skin is easily irritated. My skin is always bright, smooth, plump, and super soft after use. The effects don't last very long (usually only 2 days), but the mask is well worth it as my skin always looks healthy after use. I use it 1-2x weekly. The Clarifying mask is my favourite Sulwhasoo product!

    Here is my full review:
    https://thepetitepiggyblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/01/korean-skincare-sulwhasoo-clarifying-mask-review/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,
      Yes the mask is so magical, and it is still my favorite in 2017.
      Thank you for dropping by :)

      Delete